The 1st Annual Wayland-Weston Hockey Night at Rivers was a huge success. A large crowd of parents, students and fans turned out for a great night of hockey — and the Wayland and Wayland/Weston teams delivered.
The Wayland/Weston girls middle school team tied Ashland/Medway/Holliston 0-0 with a great defensive effort by both teams and solid goaltending by Aine Ley.
Wayland boys MS beat Weston 7-1 with solid team play and goaltending by both Sweet brothers.
The Wayland/Weston girls varsity team continued their winning streak and beat Cambridge 4-2. After a 0-6 start this season, the WarCats are 5-4-2!
The Wayland boys varsity team blanked Weston 7-0 to win the 1st Annual Post Road Cup and secure their spot in the playoffs for the 7th consecutive year. Senior goaltender Andrew Ludwig recorded his 10th career shutout to tie for the school record.
This night would not have been possible without the support and assistance from the following:
- All of the coaches and AD Rollins and McGrath from both Wayland and Weston
- Weston Hockey Club and the Rivers School
- All of the fans who came out to cheer on our teams with a special shoutout to WHS student Arden Knapp for doing a phenomenal job singing the National Anthem before the girls varsity game
- Doug Gordon from Concession Services who supplied our huge crowd with plenty of awesome food from the food truck
- The Steve Henley Memorial Foundation for being the sponsor of the Post Road Cup and for their continued support of all of our Wayland teams
- Our numerous sponsors below who supported this event and appreciate the great sport of hockey:
AJ Rose Carpets & Flooring
Middlesex Savings Bank
OCB Eye Center
Ritchie Realty Team
SHEP’s Mobile & Auto Repair